1:55-2:25pm and 3:30-4:00pm
Booch Organic Kombucha Garden Stage
Owner and instructor of Krisha Indian Cooking School. Her goal is to inspire easy, yet healthy and economical homestyle Indian cooking with just a few simple ingredients. She has been teaching Indian cooking classes for the past eight years with Guelph Continuing Education. She now offers cooking classes at the Puslinch Community Centre and private in-home cooking parties. She recently led a very well received vegan Indian cooking class hosted by Vegfest Guelph.
Cooking demo #1, 1:55-2:25pm
- Brief intro about Indian spices
- Masoor dal salad – an integral part of Indian cuisine, dal provides a excellent source of plant based protein. This healthy salad is prepared with chickpeas tossed with some fresh coriander leaves, spices and finished off with freah lime juice.
- Cucumber raita – a refreshing dip made with coconut yogurt, cucumber, salt, sugar and some black pepper powder accompanied by rice or roti.
Cooking demo #2, 3:30-4:00pm
- Channa chaat salad – a healthy mix of chickpeas with some diced pear and apple, seasoned with some chaat masala.
- Sweet and sour tamarind chutney – made with soaked dates, tamarind paste, and spices accompanied with naan bread