How cool is this?! Halloween hummus inspired by Fork & Beans’ Dia de los Muertos Hummus Dip!
Make some hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
Add all ingredients but water to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the water and blend until the hummus reaches your desired consistency. (Add additional water if needed.
Decorate it for Halloween
Shape the hummus into a skull on a platter or in a pan.
Chop an assortment of fresh veggies. We used:
- mini bell peppers (multi-colored)
- green onion
- black olives
- roasted pumpkin seeds for the teeth
Decorate the skull however you like. Serve with tortilla chips and/or fresh veggies.